Waco Nursing Home Injury Lawyers
You have the right to expect that your parent or elderly loved one is treated with dignity, respect, and compassion when you entrust them to a nursing home. As most of Texas’ population grows older, more families must make the difficult decision to entrust a loved one to a nursing home. Unfortunately, facilities that initially appear well do not care for our seniors to do so correctly. This causes injury to the senior or worse. If you suspect that facility staff is mistreating your loved one, or if you suspect that the death of your loved one may be related to lack of proper care, you should seek advice from a lawyer who handles Waco nursing home injury and death cases.
Dunnam & Dunnam lawyers have significant experience involving nursing home neglect. These cases involve negligent care, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and elder exploitation. Our firm carefully studies the facts surrounding nursing home injuries and fiercely advocates for our client’s best interests.
Suspect elder abuse in Waco
Do not accept any excuses when it comes to the care of your elderly loved one. There is no valid reason why a nursing home resident should have to endure abuse or neglect at the hands of those who should be providing care.
We aggressively protect the rights of senior citizens and others who have suffered an injury because of the improper conduct of nursing or convalescent home personnel. We handle all types of nursing home negligence or abuse claims, including cases involving:
- Failure to provide an appropriate standard of care (this can involve a failure to provide any care)
- Failure to ensure that the resident/patient receives proper medical attention, including medication
- Injuries suffered in falls or other accidents resulting from neglect or abandonment.
- Decubitus ulcers (bed sores) from failure to properly care for the patient
- Physical abuse by nursing home employees
Bed Sores in Waco Nursing Home
Pressure ulcers, also known as bedsores, are excruciating and are serious health problems. Nursing homes must prevent bedsores. If you or your loved one acquired a pressure sore in a nursing home, you might be entitled to money damages for pain and suffering. Similarly, if a nursing home resident falls and becomes injured, or there are signs of physical abuse, neglect, or even suspected wrongful death, the nursing home may be responsible.
Results in Personal Injury Matters
- $27 million settlement in matter involving the close head injury of a two-week-old child. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, KCEN-TV, Meat & Poultry Magazine and Topverdict.com.
- $15 million settlement reported in matter involving the injuries of an ATF agent in the Branch Davidian raid. Read about this case on Justia.com.
- $1.5 million settlement reported for the injuries caused by a straw purchase of a gun at a pawn shop. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, and MoreLaw.com.
- $800 thousand verdict for motorcycle driver with broken femur involved in collision with a car.
We are proud of our results reported above, but please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each matter depends on the facts of the case.
Call the Waco nursing home neglect attorneys at Dunnam & Dunnam at 254-753-6437. Although every case is different, the personal injury lawyers at Dunnam & Dunnam have experience in these matters.
Carolina G. Truesdale graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law, Cum Laude.Read More
Eleeza's practice areas include: Personal Injury Law, Civil Trial Law, Commercial Law, Family Law and Pharmaceutical Law.Read More
Gerald R. Villarrial has practiced family law, criminal law and civil litigation for over 20 years.Read More
Jim Dunnam is a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Family Law.Read More
Mason Dunnam is the fourth generation of Dunnam attorneys at the firm since 1925Read More