Our defective products lawsuits help keep consumers safe. Product defects and toxic chemicals injure far too many people. Dunnam & Dunnam lawyers have recovered substantial money for victims of defective products. If a product has a defective design or manufacturing defect, it can cause significant damages to the consumer. It is devastating to witness faulty products injure or kill people. A Waco product liability lawyer can file a lawsuit so that the defective product can’t hurt anyone else.
When there is a defective product, lawyers call it a “products liability” case. In these cases, the law holds many people responsible for the product, including the designer, manufacturer, supplier, and retailer. The engineers, product manufacturers, distributors, and retailers must ensure that their products are safe to use as intended, don’t have dangerous chemicals, have been appropriately tested, and have adequate warnings for usage limitations.
Dunnam & Dunnam represents people who have been seriously injured by defective products, including at home and work. Among the kinds of products liability cases we handle are:
- Vehicle rollovers
- Defective auto and car parts
- Airbag injuries
- Boat accidents
- Dangerous machinery
- Infant and child automobile safety seats
- Choking hazards
- Commercial airline crashes
- Unsafe baby furniture and toys
- Electrical injuries
- Defective power tools
- Industrial equipment defects
- Industrial plant injuries
- Evenflo high chairs
- Failure to warn consumers about dangerous products
- Talcum powder
- EpiPen price-gouging
- JUUL product liability
Product liability lawsuits are difficult to prove. But our Waco products liability lawyers have earned a reputation as superb counsel for individuals hurt by defective products. Defective products are usually caused by one of three faulty attributes:
Faulty design – These types of errors usually show up in an entire product line.
Defective manufacturing – In these matters, a mistake occurred at some point during the manufacturing process. It is generally because of faulty materials or poor workmanship. Either a whole product line or just a few items can be affected by defective manufacturing.
Failure to warn – In these cases, the safety precautions were not detailed in the item’s instructions or on the packaging.
Results in Personal Injury Matters
- $27 million settlement in matter involving the close head injury of a two-week-old child. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, KCEN-TV, Meat & Poultry Magazine and Topverdict.com.
- $15 million settlement in matter involving the injuries of an ATF agent in the Branch Davidian raid. Read about this case on Justia.com.
- $1.5 million settlement for the injuries caused by a straw purchase of a gun at a pawn shop. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, and MoreLaw.com.
- $800 thousand verdict for motorcycle driver with broken femur involved in collision with a car.
We are proud of our results reported above, but please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each matter depends on the facts of the case.
Contact a defective product attorney in Waco
When a defective product in Waco has hurt you, it’s crucial to get an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side as soon as possible. Rest assured that the product retailer, distributor, manufacturer, and designers will have armies of lawyers on their side. Our Waco products liability lawyers can be contacted by calling 254-753-6437.
Eleeza's practice areas include: Personal Injury Law, Civil Trial Law, Commercial Law, Family Law and Pharmaceutical Law.Read More
Gerald R. Villarrial has practiced family law, criminal law and civil litigation for over 20 years.Read More
Grace Strange is a US Army veteran who puts her determination and passion to work for clients.Read More
Jim Dunnam is a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Family Law.Read More
Mason Dunnam is the fourth generation of Dunnam attorneys at the firm since 1925Read More
Thomas C. West is a Criminal Law specialist, Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.Read More