Waco Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
If you have been involved in an accident that led to personal injury, you understand the importance of getting compensation for your accident. Your recovery process may demand extensive health care, changes in lifestyle, and unexpected expenses that can alter the course of one’s life. Our attorneys work hard to meet the needs of our clients, especially if they have suffered catastrophic injuries because of the negligence of another individual. Our personal injury attorneys work hard to represent clients with trauma from serious incidents. Since 1925, our law firm has represented people hurt in accidents. We have the experience, results, and service to get your job done right. Families in Waco have trusted Dunnam & Dunnam with their personal injury cases for generations. Let us help your family too.
When another has hurt someone, it can often lead to catastrophic injuries. Accidents occur every day. But when they result in severe injury and are caused by negligence, victims deserve justice. When you or someone you love suffers a catastrophic injury, everyone in your family and your household is affected. If someone else is to blame, you can obtain compensation.
A catastrophic injury is one that has serious, long-term life-altering consequences. According to the American Medical Association, it is a severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, or brain, and may also include skull or spinal fractures. However, as far as legal injuries are concerned, when it comes to recovery and the catastrophic injury definition, devastating injuries aren’t just physical. We understand that you have a lot of questions about personal injury claims. We are here to answer them.
Significant types of catastrophic injuries
- Spinal cord injury is damage to any part of the spinal cord or nerves at the end of the spinal canal (cauda equina)
- Burn injury to the skin or other organic tissue primarily caused by heat or due to radiation, radioactivity, electricity, friction, or contact with chemicals.
- Amputation is the action of cutting off a limb.
- Brain injuries are a disruption in the normal function of the brain that can be caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head
- Shoulder injury may arise from the shoulder joint itself or any of the many surrounding muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Paralysis injury is the loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury
- Hearing Loss Injury is a partial or total inability to hear.
When you sustain a catastrophic personal injury, you will be faced with medical expenses, lost wages, and a life forever changed. If the negligent actions of someone else caused your damage, you need a personal injury lawyer on your side to ensure you are provided the full compensation that will be necessary for your best recovery. Dunnam & Dunnam personal injury lawyers will work closely with you and listen carefully to your story to honestly assess the many ways your catastrophic injury will impact your life. With this information, we can build a strong case on your behalf — one that we will pursue with tenacity until you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our lawyers have witnessed firsthand the devastation caused by catastrophic injuries. We feel the outrage that allowed these acts to hurt others. And we are committed to fighting for the rights of catastrophic injury victims.
Results in Personal Injury Matters
- $27 million settlement in matter involving the close head injury of a two-week-old child. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, KCEN-TV, Meat & Poultry Magazine and Topverdict.com.
- $15 million settlement reported in matter involving the injuries of an ATF agent in the Branch Davidian raid. Read about this case on Justia.com.
- $1.5 million settlement reported for the injuries caused by a straw purchase of a gun at a pawn shop. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, and MoreLaw.com.
- $800 thousand verdict for motorcycle driver with broken femur involved in collision with a car.
We are proud of our results reported above, but please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each matter depends on the facts of the case.
Hire an attorney for your catastrophic injury
Carolina G. Truesdale graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law, Cum Laude.Read More
Eleeza's practice areas include: Personal Injury Law, Civil Trial Law, Commercial Law, Family Law and Pharmaceutical Law.Read More
Gerald R. Villarrial has practiced family law, criminal law and civil litigation for over 20 years.Read More
Jim Dunnam is a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Family Law.Read More
Mason Dunnam is the fourth generation of Dunnam attorneys at the firm since 1925Read More