Choosing the right Waco daycare is difficult. One of the most devastating cases we handle is those that involve child abuse. When you entrust your child to a Waco daycare, you expect them to treat your child with care. Hurt children don’t want to talk about it, which makes discovering the abuse even more difficult. You may be concerned about bruises when you pick your child up from daycare. It creates questions in the parent’s minds of how their child was injured. Staff may claim that the bruising occurred because of regular horseplay. But they also may be hiding their misconduct. While it is ultimately up to your local police to press criminal charges against the daycare worker and facility that abused your child, you as a parent have other recourses in the court system.
Your child may need therapy for years to work through the abuse that happened in a Waco daycare. They will likely have difficulty trusting other adults and may engage in harmful actions toward themselves or others.
Daycare abuse is usually one of four categories: 1) physical abuse; 2) emotional abuse; 3) sexual abuse; and 4) neglect. If you believe your child is the victim of daycare abuse in Waco, you should contact a Waco daycare abuse attorney for a free consultation about your legal rights.
Since 1925, Central Texans have chosen Dunnam & Dunnam when it matters most. Our family-owned law firm has helped families like yours in times like these. Contact us about your daycare abuse case by calling 254-753-6437.
What kind of things happens to kids in daycare abuse cases?
- Broken bones caused by daycare workers
- Children left unattended in bus or van for a long time
- Near drowning cases because adults were not paying attention
- Death and near-death experiences caused when a neglected child swallows foreign objects.
- Death because of being fed poison or harmful medications
How do you know if your daycare is abusing your child?
Children often don’t want to speak or are not old enough to talk about the injuries that they suffer. They look up to adults no matter how they are treated. If your child can speak, a good thing to ask is whether anything made them sad today. You may hear something that indicates a problem with your Waco daycare. As a parent, you know your child best. A sudden shift in actions and behavior, acting out, and clinging on to you when a child should be reaching more independent developmental milestones are all less obvious but still worrisome.
- Sudden withdrawal
- Aggressively angry actions toward other children or family pets
- Fear of going to daycare or clinging to the parent at drop-off
- Flinching when touched
- Poor concentration or memory (this is found more often in older children)
- Increased affection-seeking behavior, such as sitting on your lap, clinging, or asking for hugs
- Trauma or redness to the genital area, including bleeding or the child having a hard time sitting down (a sign of sexual abuse)
- Newfound, age-inappropriate in sex or genitalia
- Torn or bloodstained clothing
- Nightmares, bed-wetting, or night terrors
- Development of an STD
What should you do if you suspect your child is abused in Waco?
Talk about your concerns with your pediatrician. These doctors are trained to notice signs of abuse, and they can help you evaluate your situation. Talk openly with other parents at your daycare to find out if they have seen anything similar. You can also call the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453.
Contacting a lawyer about daycare abuse in Waco
It can be a hard decision to contact a lawyer about suspected daycare abuse in Waco. But the daycare abuser will have no problem contacting a lawyer immediately. The insurance company that the daycare likely has will demand it. That insurance company has armies of lawyers waiting to fight you. Neither the insurance company or their abusive daycare staff will be looking out for your child’s best interests.
When the worst happens to your child, it’s essential to have your matter evaluated by a compassionate personal injury lawyer. Our family has been helping families in Central Texas since 1925. We know that it’s important to get justice for your child. And we can help you get there. We will give you a free and helpful consultation. Our personal injury law firm will collect evidence about your accident and aggressively pursue your goals. We will not charge you any fees or costs unless we get compensation for you. You can call us anytime to answer your frequently asked questions.
Results in Personal Injury Matters
- $27 million settlement in matter involving the close head injury of a two-week-old child. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, KCEN-TV, Meat & Poultry Magazine and Topverdict.com.
- $15 million settlement reported in matter involving the injuries of an ATF agent in the Branch Davidian raid. Read about this case on Justia.com.
- $1.5 million settlement reported for the injuries caused by a straw purchase of a gun at a pawn shop. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, and MoreLaw.com.
- $800 thousand verdict for motorcycle driver with broken femur involved in collision with a car.
We are proud of our results reported above, but please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each matter depends on the facts of the case.
Carolina G. Truesdale graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law, Cum Laude.Read More
Eleeza's practice areas include: Personal Injury Law, Civil Trial Law, Commercial Law, Family Law and Pharmaceutical Law.Read More
Gerald R. Villarrial has practiced family law, criminal law and civil litigation for over 20 years.Read More
Jim Dunnam is a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Family Law.Read More
Mason Dunnam is the fourth generation of Dunnam attorneys at the firm since 1925Read More