Serious injuries can change your life, but with the help of a Waco slip and fall attorney, you can get compensation for your injury. Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common cases emergency rooms see every year in the United States. When they happen, victims may be left with several injuries, ranging from minor to severe.
Fell in Waco
Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere in Waco, anytime, and without notice. You could be shopping in a department store, buying groceries, walking downstairs at an apartment, when a crack on the stairs, a hole in the sidewalk, or some wet, greasy substance on the floor caused you to trip and fall. Though common, slip and fall lawsuits are rarely simple, and prosecuting them successfully requires experience and expertise. To get the maximum amount of compensation, injury victims should speak to a Waco slip and fall lawyer.
We have seen many slip and fall cases involving broken stairs or loose steps, poorly lit areas, defective handrails or steps, debris on the ground, poorly maintained walking area, store and public areas that have dangerous conditions on the ground, ripped carpeting, and uneven flooring.
To win a premises liability claim, the injured person must prove either that the defendant created a hazard that led to the accident, or the defendant knew or should have known about the danger and had it removed or repaired.
Should I contact a slip and fall lawyer?
Our Waco slip and fall lawyers understand this is a stressful time. You’ve likely been pressured by the insurance company or property owner already. We will help you throughout the entire case and provide the compassion you need through this difficult time. There are many different types of injuries that a person can suffer due to a slip and fall accident. When extra expenses are incurred, or the injury prevents a person from enjoying their previous quality of life, victims should contact a Waco slip and fall lawyer right away.
Common Injuries from Slip and Fall Accidents in Waco
In most cases, a person falls without experiencing a severe injury. That is why these cases can be challenging to prove. Many people have fallen and walked away unhurt. But the Waco personal injury lawyers at Dunnam & Dunnam have seen many types of injuries from slip and fall accidents in Central Texas. The most common injuries from slip and fall accidents include:
- Spinal cord injury which is damage to any part of the spinal cord or nerves at the end of the spinal canal (cauda equina)
- Sprains and broken bones. These are the most common injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents. Most commonly, the arms, legs, wrists, ankles, and hands become broken from a slip and fall. However, larger bones that require more treatment and recovery time, such as pelvic and hip bones, can also become broken during a slip and fall accident.
- Burn injury, which is an injury to the skin or other organic tissue primarily caused by heat or due to radiation, radioactivity, electricity, friction, or contact with chemicals.
- Amputation is the action of cutting off a limb.
- Brain injuries which are a disruption in the normal function of the brain that can be caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head
- Shoulder injury which may arise from the shoulder joint itself or any of the many surrounding muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Paralysis injury is the loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury
- Hearing Loss Injury is a partial or total inability to hear.
- Neck Pain muscles, bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, or nerves – can cause neck problems.
- Back injury results from damage, wear, or trauma to the bones, muscles, or other tissues of the back. Common back injuries include sprains and strains, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae. The lumbar spine is often the site of back pain.
Victims of premises liability claims like slip and fall accidents are strongly encouraged to contact a Waco slip and fall attorney who can guide them throughout the entire process and advise them best on the appropriate next steps to take.
Contact a Waco Slip and Fall Attorney
Our Waco personal injury lawyers have represented accident victims in Waco since 1925. We are here to get you through this together. Our goals are the same—to make sure you can get on with your life and that your legal interests are protected. Although every case is different, we have recovered millions for Waco injury victims. We are here to answer questions about your case. In the meantime, you can read a few of the general frequently asked questions about personal injury claims while you wait to schedule a free legal consultation with one of our Waco attorneys.
Our lawyers are compassionate and patient. We listen. Tell us your story so that we can tell it best to the judge and jury. Call us at 254-753-6437. Waco property slip and fall lawyers include the following attorneys at Dunnam & Dunnam:
Carolina G. Truesdale graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law, Cum Laude.Read More
Eleeza's practice areas include: Personal Injury Law, Civil Trial Law, Commercial Law, Family Law and Pharmaceutical Law.Read More
Gerald R. Villarrial has practiced family law, criminal law and civil litigation for over 20 years.Read More
Jim Dunnam is a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Family Law.Read More
Mason Dunnam is the fourth generation of Dunnam attorneys at the firm since 1925Read More