Both the federal and state governments highly regulate franchising. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) obligates franchisors to give an extensive document containing specific information about the franchisor, its franchisees, and the proposed franchise agreement. That document is called the franchise disclosure document (FDD). Dunnam & Dunam is experienced in representing franchisors and franchisees with their franchise agreements. A Waco, Texas franchise lawyer can analyze your franchise agreement, explain its provisions, and suggest areas of change. We provide legal advice to franchisees and franchisors involved in:
- Multi-unit ownership and co-branding of the franchise.
- The transactional clauses of the franchise agreement
- Growing your franchise or distribution systems domestically and internationally.
- Documenting and franchise programs and their structure
- Alternative distribution relationships that avoid regulation
- Preparing FDDs, advise on applicable registration requirements and compliance with disclosure regulation
- Restructuring existing franchisee relationships
- Developing supply programs for franchisees
- Franchise and dealership terminations and transfers and advice on compliance with relationship regulation
- Litigating on behalf of franchisees and franchisors, including lawsuits, arbitration, mediation, and alternative dispute resolution practices.
- Expansion into new markets through joint ventures, master franchising, area development relationships, and other structures
Examples of franchising disputes that we handle include disclosure and fraud issues, contract disputes, territorial disputes, and encroachment, exclusivity provisions, franchisee termination, tortious interference claims, miscellaneous torts, trademark/copyright infringement, Lanham Act, antitrust, labor and employment, environmental and bankruptcy.
Waco Franchise Law Attorney
The franchise law attorneys at Dunnam & Dunnam have the experience, knowledge, and resources to help franchising clients with legal advice about the purchase, sale, and operation of franchised businesses. Our Waco business law attorneys are familiar with franchising law. We develop close relationships with our clients as we help their businesses grow.
We look forward to helping your business too. Call for a consultation at 254-753-6437.