Texas Bus Accident Attorneys
No type of motor vehicle accident will be free of consequences—whether only a few scratches and bruises are incurred, or catastrophic injuries result. This is particularly true of bus accidents. While public transportation is an excellent service, both to passengers and the environment, it is not without its flaws. Bus accidents are likely to result in both minor and significant injuries to the parties involved, and there are almost always many parties involved. The bus company has lawyers immediately involved when a crash occurs. If you have been hurt in a bus, then get a Waco bus accident lawyer on your side.
Unfortunately, there are many different times where a bus, train, or another public vehicle may be involved in an accident that causes injuries to the passengers, and most importantly, to you. Driving a vehicle as large as a bus requires an exceptional level of expertise and understanding of how to operate such a complicated vehicle.
Common Bus Accident Injuries
Our Waco bus accident attorneys have seen many type of injuries. The most common injuries from bus accidents include:
- Spinal cord injury which is damage to any part of the spinal cord or nerves at the end of the spinal canal (cauda equina)
- Burn injury which is an injury to the skin or other organic tissue primarily caused by heat or due to radiation, radioactivity, electricity, friction, or contact with chemicals.
- Amputation which is the action of cutting off a limb.
- Brain injuries which are a disruption in the normal function of the brain that can be caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head
- Shoulder injury which may arise from the shoulder joint itself or any of the many surrounding muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Paralysis injury is the loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury
- Hearing Loss Injury is a partial or total inability to hear.
- Neck Pain muscles, bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, or nerves – can cause neck problems.
- Back injury result from damage, wear, or trauma to the bones, muscles, or other tissues of the back. Common back injuries include sprains and strains, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae. The lumbar spine is often the site of back pain.
Victims of bus accidents are strongly encouraged to contact a Waco personal injury attorney who can guide them throughout the entire process and advise them best on the appropriate next steps to take.
Dunnam & Dunnam’s Results in Waco Personal Injury Cases
- $27 million settlement in matter involving the close head injury of a two-week-old child. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, KCEN-TV, Meat & Poultry Magazine and Topverdict.com.
- $15 million settlement reported in matter involving the injuries of an ATF agent in the Branch Davidian raid. Read about this case on Justia.com.
- $1.5 million settlement reported for the injuries caused by a straw purchase of a gun at a pawn shop. Read about this case as reported by the Waco Tribune Herald, and MoreLaw.com.
- $800 thousand verdict for motorcycle driver with broken femur involved in collision with a car.
We are proud of our results reported above, but please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each matter depends on the facts of the case.
Waco Bus Accident Attorney
Our Waco personal injury lawyers have represented accident victims in Waco since 1925. We are here to get you through this together. Our goals are the same—to make sure you can get on with your life and that your legal interests are protected. Although every case is different, our Waco bus accident lawyers have recovered millions for Waco injury victims. We are here to answer questions about your case. In the meantime, you can read a few of the general frequently asked questions about personal injury claims while you wait to schedule a free legal consultation with one of our Waco attorneys.
The following personal injury lawyers at Dunnam and Dunnam are experienced bus accident lawyers in Waco:
Eleeza's practice areas include: Personal Injury Law, Civil Trial Law, Commercial Law, Family Law and Pharmaceutical Law.Read More
Gerald R. Villarrial has practiced family law, criminal law and civil litigation for over 20 years.Read More
Grace Strange is a US Army veteran who puts her determination and passion to work for clients.Read More
Jim Dunnam is a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Family Law.Read More
Mason Dunnam is the fourth generation of Dunnam attorneys at the firm since 1925Read More
Thomas C. West is a Criminal Law specialist, Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.Read More