Planning for a nursing home in Waco Texas
Paying for long term care in Waco Texas
- Nearly three out of every four people over the age of 65 will require long-term care at some point in their lives.
- The median cost of nursing home care in Texas for a private room was more than $50,000. In some circumstances, nursing home care costs considerably more.
- Many families exhaust their life savings within a year or two of a family member entering a nursing home.
Need a lawyer to prepare for long term care in Waco Texas
Running out of money for nursing home
Saving assets and Medicaid benefits
Elder Law Attorney in Waco Texas
If you need a Elder Law law firm or Elder Law attorney in Waco, Texas, or Central Texas, Dunnam and Dunnam and its attorneys are here to help you.
Elder Law concerns the legal rights and duties of the elderly, including the legal remedies available where the elderly suffer wrongful death, personal injury, or property damage or loss.
Elder Law is involved in the preparation and review of legal documents, the resolution of legal disputes by negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation, and the furnishing of other legal advice and services, all concerning matters such as those involving:
- Last will and trust
- Non-Testamentary transfers involving:
- Living trusts
- Qualified retirement plans
- Life insurance beneficiary designations
- Right of survivorship agreements
- Pay-on-death agreements
- Trust account agreements
- Durable general powers of attorneys
- Medical powers of attorneys
- HIPPA authorization for the release of confidential medical information
- Directive to physicians, commonly known as living wills
- Directive for disposition of bodily remains
- Declarations of guardianship
- Medicare issues
- Medicaid issues
- Miller trusts
- Special need trusts
- Creditor protection issues
- Retirement issues
- Nursing home injuries
- Will contests
- Estate litigation
- Trust litigation
- Other Estate Planning – Probate Law related issues
The following attorneys at Dunnam and Dunnam engage in the practice of Elder Law: