Tortious Interference Claims
Claims of tortious interference require a nuanced understanding of tort and contract law. Dunnam & Dunnam lawyers are experienced in navigating the issues presented by tortious interference litigation. Claims of tortious interference can affect all aspects of a business. Attorneys at Dunnam & Dunnam prepare for trial without ever looking back.
To establish a claim for tortious interference with prospective business relations, the plaintiff must show the following:
(1) a reasonable probability that the parties would have entered into a business relationship;
(2) an intentional, malicious intervention or an independently tortious or unlawful act performed by the defendant with a desire to prevent the relationship or with the knowledge the interference was likely to occur as a result of its conduct;
(3) lack of privilege or justification for the defendant’s actions; and
(4) actual harm or damages suffered by the plaintiff as a result of the defendant’s interference.
To show tortious interference with an existing contract, the plaintiff must show:
(1) the existence of a contract subject to interference;
(2) a willful and intentional act of interference;
(3) that the act was a proximate cause of the plaintiff’s damages; and
(4) actual damage or loss.
Tortious interference lawyers in Central Texas are:
Vance has 60 years of experience as a lawyer in Waco, Texas handling all types of cases in both the office and the courtroom.Read More
Vance Dunnam, Jr.
Vance has been licensed by the State Bar of Texas since 1977 and has practiced law in Waco, Texas since 1978.Read More
Merrilee L. Harmon
Merrilee L. Harmon is a Family Law specialist, Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1985.Read More
Andrea Michelle Mehta
Andrea's practice focuses primarily in Appellate Law, Civil Trial Law, Family Law, and General Law.Read More
Jim Dunnam is a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Family Law.Read More
Eleeza's practice areas include: Personal Injury Law, Civil Trial Law, Commercial Law, Family Law and Pharmaceutical Law.Read More
Gerald R. Villarrial
Gerald R. Villarrial has practiced family law, criminal law and civil litigation for over 20 years.Read More
Mason Dunnam is the fourth generation of Dunnam attorneys at the firm since 1925Read More
Carolina G. Truesdale graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law, Cum Laude.Read More